More about DW Alexander From DW Alexander: In the late 1870s, Toronto had one drinkery for every 70 citizens. They were located close to factories, including a warehouse that once stood where we are today.
Established in 1877 by our namesake, D.W.Alexander, an esteemed dealer in leather and hides, the business grew to become the largest sole-leather trade in Western Canada.
In those days, rugged but well-dressed gentlemen from the factories and warehouses would congregate at the nearest drinkery to celebrate the end of a long day with a hard drink. While the nature of the employment in the area may have changed, the thirst for good, old-fashioned after-work cocktails and camaraderie has not.
With a nod to the past and an eye on the present, our establshment echoes the industrial character of D.W. Alexander’s era and fuses it with a contemporary style.
We think he’d like what we’ve done with the place.